Wednesday, July 16, 2008

How Things Are Coming Along...


Tom the kids and I have been working on his house trying to get it ready for us to move back in. We painted closets and moved things back into them. We pulled out the upstairs bathroom tub, and will be purchasing a new tub and wall unit this weekend to install. We plan to install a new vent and light in the downstairs bathroom and prepare it for a new shower stall and a new coat of paint. Kyle's bedroom has been cleaned out and is vacuumed and ready to move back in, Jiliann's room is all but ready for her to move back in too... actually those are the only rooms ready, we have a LOT of work to do, a little over whelming, but manageable :-)

Then on top of that, I came home Monday to my sod literally floating... no exaggeration it was floating 4 to 6 inches above where it should have been, walking on it was like walking on a water bed! Tom, Kyle and I dug a 4 ft by 4 ft hole and found my main water line had a leak... Tom proceeded to try and fix it... he tried three times (swear to heaven, this is the FIRST thing that I am aware of that Tom has been unable to fix! The man is a genius, and not being able to fix that was... lets put it nicely PISSING HIM OFF!!!) So I told him not to worry about it, I would call a plumber... so the next day and $124 later my water main is fixed. The plumber did say that Tom did everything correct, it is just the way the pipe was in the ground that made it really tough to fix.

3 comments:

Bryn and Blaine said...

Sounds like you have been busy. Your water main was cheaper to fix than Blaine's lawnmower. I should have sent it over to Tom. I am excited for you guys to more back in. It is like getting a new house. Love ya

The Todd Queen said...

It is nice to have a handyman around, eh? Chad is great when he has time. It is sooo nice that Jordan is quite the handyman also. If you guys look on our blog you will see the big gazebo Jordan built all by himself. He also put together Chad's new patio furniture. I told him he could build his own bedroom down in the basement. (big smile). Love you, Ang!

LogGrad98 said...

Chad is not great when he has time, he is OK (maybe passable) when he is fulfilling his assignment in a half-a$$ed sort of way.

But he is still a great guy! Funny, charming, handsome devil, and highly intelligent...just not smart enough to get out of the handyman chores!

Anyway, you should send Tom down to handle some of this stuff for us too...or YOU COULD JUST COME FOR A VISIT ONCE IN A WHILE!

sheesh


... no I can't do this... YET!

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
57
people with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?